Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to remove the armature plate

how to remove the armature plate 13 years 6 months ago #17495

I am tearing down my scrape pile '54 Evinrude 15hp Fastwin. I want to remove the armature plate complete with all the ignition parts still mounted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:how to remove the armature plate 13 years 6 months ago #17496

If I remember right you will have to remove the screws holding the coils. I have only taken one of these apart and its was about 2 years ago. There are 2 or 4 long screws that hold the mag plater on. Just go slow and watch what you are doing. So you can get it back togather.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:how to remove the armature plate 13 years 6 months ago #17505

There are four screws holding the plate in place. The are arranged in a rectangular pattern. The two coil screws CLOSEST to the crankshaft are two of the corners. The other two corners are the two screws down low between the coil and points about the same distance from the crankshaft as the two up top. Also, unhook the throttle advance arm from the lever on the underside of the mag plate - should be a stainless steel clip.

- Scott

Re:how to remove the armature plate 13 years 6 months ago #17516

thanks Scott --- was looking at the parts diagrams and can see that now --- if i can save thee block, or find a good one - i'll put her all back together....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7205 guests and one member online