• Page:

TOPIC: Power for my 1959 Delmar

Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17056

• 59G3
  • 59G3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys ... new to the NEVER ending quest for vintage boats and parts... Had no Idea what I was getting into that fateful day when I eyed a great looking restored g3 on my lake and decided I want one of those..... 9 boats later and countless ebay and craigslist hours I want just two of them .. a 59 G3 and a 59 Delmar... Here is my Question .... I hear the delmars do not like horse power.. I have a 59 Evinrude Golden Jubilee 35 HP or I could opt for a 63 Super seahorse electromatic 75HP.. quite heavy but will the delmar handle it.. Thoughts .... I own both motors and both are running great.. AND do I need special controls for the electromatic Johnson? I was told I did... Thanks for all your Help

Dallas In Havasu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17073

Don't know if your boat will handle the 75hp but yes you will need the controls for the 75hp that are make for it.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re: Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17089

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Does anyone know or have control unit for a 63 johnson super seahorse "Electromatic" 75 HP ... would the selectromatic evinrude 75 work?

Dallas in Havasu

Re: Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17098

The Evinrude Selectric shift should work IF it does NOT have the key switch inside the control box. The later ones with the key switch in the box are for the hydroelectric boxes.

If there's any question about the box you need (Evinrude or Johnson versions) you want one that has no current at either the Green or Blue wires in neutral, current at the green wire for forward and current at the blue wire for reverse. Later versions had no current in forward, green in neutral and blue AND green in reverse.

- Scott

Re:Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17104

59,i just saw a electric shift control on ebay,ill see if i can find the #.
here is the # 350396833632,hes wants ,$54.95 for it,john,ps it has the cables and the wire plug.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17172

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Do You Really Think The 1963 75 Super Seahorse is too Heavy for the 59 Delmar.. I have seen Pics of the 60 delmar with the same size motor in ads... anybody know if there is a difference... Thanks in advance

Re:Power for my 1959 Delmar 13 years 5 months ago #17290

Heres a control here in the glassifieds don't know if it will work on your motor

www.fiberglassics.com/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=show_ad&adid=617&catid=3&Itemid=56
Mike aka pathfinderz1

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)