Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 57 Evinrude 35hp Lark starting system - weak link?

57 Evinrude 35hp Lark starting system - weak link? 13 years 7 months ago #13314

I have a 57 Evinrude 35hp Lark on my 57 Glasspar Club Lido. Engine runs GREAT, no problems there. Getting it started is a different issue. When I push the start button on the dash, all I get is a 'click' back by the engine. I've checked the battery, it's got full power. I replaced the solenoid but no change. I've made sure the connection to the engine is as clean as possible and the plug is secure. If I jump the starter with a cable to the battery. it turns right over so that tells me the ground is good. Where's the weak link? Has anyone else experienced this? I'd really like my boat to function properly. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 57 Evinrude 35hp Lark starting system - weak link? 13 years 7 months ago #13327

I would say your not getting power on the battrie side of the solanoid. Jump the solanoid and see if you got 12volt on the start side of it. Also see if you have 12volts on the other side of it. I just went thorugh this on one of my motors din't have 12volt going into the solanoid. Found a bad conectoing
I have a 1957 Club Lido also could send me some pix of yours
Email in my profile
Mike aka pathfinderzq

Re: 57 Evinrude 35hp Lark starting system - weak l 13 years 7 months ago #13394

Check your cables and connections. Old, cracked and corroded cables can suck up some voltage, leading to poor starting.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)