• Page:

TOPIC: JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10

JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10 1 year 5 months ago #128537

• 63LStriton
  • 63LStriton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The Johnyrude that I am working on, Johnson FD-10 15 hp, was only made one year before they upped the displacement and power to an 18 hp. The motor was seized, so I was originally thinking new rings for sure. It could ideally also use a top seal. Problem is that finding parts for the FD-10 has been not very successful.

As I understand it, Evinrude made the 15 hp for a few years before Johnson copied the design for one year in 1956. I think they made it 53-57, or something like that. Would I be pretty safe looking up parts for a 55 Rude 15 hp in my search for rings and a top seal. Marineengine doesn't have diagrams and any of the 55 or 56 15 hp.

I have the pistons soaking in a carb cleaner kit in the hope that I might be able to save them if I don't break them getting them off the pistons. It seems like they are welded on! Assuming I can get them re-habbed, there is not much I can do to rehab the top seal except put it back in and pray...

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Remember - There's always room for one more project!! (not really, my garage is full!!)

1963 Lone Star Triton w/ 1979 55 hp Johnson (soon 1963 Merc 850!!!)
1968 Lone Star Mustang w/1974 70 hp Evinrude
1974 Marlin with 1971 Merc 1350
1980 Glastron GT-150 w/1977 115 hp Johnson ( soon 1977 Merc...

Re: JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10 1 year 5 months ago #128558

Ask for a parts diagram at aomci.org/forum/index.php

(A satisfied AOMCI member)

Re:JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10 1 year 2 months ago #130109

You should be in luck for finding rings. Your FD-10 has the same bore and uses the same 378416 rings as the ten horse OMC motors thru '63.

I'll see if I can attach the parts manual for a '56 FDE-10. It's the same motor as yours except for the electric start system.

I couldn't attach the file. It was too big. Ask for it at aomci.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 and I can post it there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Completely Restpred Redfish
( / Boats)

Completely Restpred Redfish
04-19-2018

FiberGoogle