Sorry for the delay in responding. I normally receive an email notice of messages but didn't this time. I'm in Gaines, Michigan which is a southwest suburb of Flint. I have a $575 of new parts in the engine not counting myriad nuts and bolts, paint, and seals which I want to recover. (I have a spreadsheet showing what all I've put into the engine but I can't attach it to this response. If you send me your email address, I'll send you a copy.) Until I had the moisture in the head, it was a sweet running engine. I'll part with it for $600.
The engine cowl doesn't have an "E." Hard to believe but I've never taken a pic of the cowl from the rear. The pic below was taken during the refinish. I suspect there is no "E" because it's a Starflite series. But, I don't have any blue paint. The engine is painted with Rustoleum Gray and White Automotive Acrylic Enamel. The red is also automotive paint, a Duro GM red.
Thanks. Just a hope. I've used both auto paint and Rustoleum on motors. Better results with the auto. Color match is perfect but cost is outrageous when you add thinners, activators etc. for just a small amount use.
Good luck with your parting. I found that the starter us usually the first to leave the stable.