Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Johnson Meteor 2 owners, can you help?

Johnson Meteor 2 owners, can you help? 7 years 8 months ago #125069

I recently bought a 1964 Crownline with a 90HP Johnson Meteor 2. I'm a little unsure on how the manual choke works because as you can see in the attached picture, the instructional sticker is so scratched up that it is almost illegible.

I will be your Meteor Bro for life if you can post a picture of that same sticker in good condition. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1964 Crownline Count

Re:Johnson Meteor 2 owners, can you help? 7 years 8 months ago #125070

Choke is the black knob on top. Should be off/auto/on with auto in the middle position. IN THEORY, engine should start, warm & operate normal in auto. IN REALITY, you may need to use the toggle switch to help ensure the choke closes fully when cold.

The white "gang bar" to the right gangs your 4 idle mixtures together. It is for adjusting the 4 together after the initial adjustment is made.

Re:Johnson Meteor 2 owners, can you help? 7 years 8 months ago #125073

Thanks, that helps! So does the switch for the electric choke on the dashboard only work when the knob is in auto position? If so, that would explain why it seems to do nothing since I have been leaving the knob on manual off.

1964 Crownline Count

Re:Johnson Meteor 2 owners, can you help? 7 years 8 months ago #125078

Yes, I leave mine in auto position. And then the choke swithc at the dash works. The other thing the sticker shows is the position of the levers to the right. Up is more rich and down is more lean.

Re:Johnson Meteor 2 owners, can you help? 7 years 8 months ago #125484

Jim,
Where do you make the initial adjustment? I have a '68 100 hp that runs beautifully in the upper ranges, but the idle needs some adjustment to speed it up a little. Gang bar doesn't seem to have much effect on idle speed.
Thanks,
Paul

Dudchucker- sorry not meaning to hijack your thread :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)