Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Evinrude factory colors.

Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124675

Has anyone repainted a 1961 or so Evinrude with factory colors and do you remember the paint numbers or the names of the colors ? If I can't find them the Wife wants the cowling painted to match the deck. She wants that seafoam something or other. Help ! P.S. I can't tell from mine but were there any decals or insignia on it originally ? It's a 1961 40HP Super Quiet Big Twin.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124683

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124685

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
p.s. sorry- the color is 1961-62 Light Blue. If an Evinrude dealer can't get it, you can order it from Reprotint. www.effenaco.com/store/index.php

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124688

Thanks Kerry. I couldn't download that picture as it requires adobe flash and I won't have that in my computer. I say won't because it is dangerous. There are all kinds of horror stories going around about all the crap it carries with it and how it's the most corrupted program out there. Since about 95 percent of places you'll download from have their own players attached it's really NOT necessary to have it anymore. That picture/video was the first thing I couldn't view another way since I booted adobe over a year ago. Just my opinion but millions agree with it. :) If you think you want to get rid of it that's because you do. If you do remove it run a good antivirus after and see how much it left behind ! Malwarebytes is a free anti malware program that works great and is easy to get. I run mine every few days but I haven't caught a virus since I got rid of adobe. Didn't mean to be so long winded about that :) Short story, adobe bad, anything else better. Thanks for the tips on the colour. The Wife doesn't win this one !!

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124715

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Okay, try this. The website is Boatinfo. Click Evinrude, click Brocures, slide to 1961 and page thru until you see your motor.

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124720

Thanks Kerry. For that site I had to cave and temporarily download Adobe but it was worth it. I immediately uninstalled it and ran my malware so all is well. It's amazing some of the stuff that's out there. There was nothing that really out about mine but it's got a great reputation and when we were kids just about everybody in our family and extended family ran Johnson or Evinrude and I can't remember anyone ever saying " I can't make it I'm having engine trouble " lol. We had one renegade uncle with a Chrysler tri-hull bowrider and Chrysler motor but we didn't see much of him. Hmmm. :) If your ever up my way I owe you one. Mark.

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124730

Paint in Canada is available from Peter McDowell at nymarine.ca 30% exchange rate hurts. I know as I am about to buy $700.00 U.S. for the Tomahawk trip. It's always such a shock to see the bank statement and realize that the $150.00 in gas for the motorhome that seemed like such a good deal really cost $195 argggg

Re:Evinrude factory colors. 7 years 8 months ago #124744

Try paying Canadian prices in Canadian dollars sometime. Gas is 5 bucks and change a gallon and on top of that 30% exchange rate we already pay about 25 percent more for everything. I quit smoking but cigarettes are 12 dollars a pack these days. Now factor all that together and restore an old boat. It's a 50 percent premium. Whatever it cost in the US it'll cost us X 1.5. It's not the cold weather that makes things happen slowly in Canada. :) P.S. Thanks for the intro to George Al. He's on the hunt for me. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat