• Page:

TOPIC: Flushing attachment

Flushing attachment 7 years 9 months ago #124354

• 16Again
  • 16Again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 35hp Evinrude Jubliee that runs perfect my only issue is that I have to put it in a trash can full of water to run at home. Was wondering if anything was available back in the day like the ears used on most motors today. If anyone has a picture of something maybe I could build something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Flushing attachment 7 years 9 months ago #124374

Here's what I made for the 80hp. It screws in where the reverse screen intake is on the lower unit.

I did this because couldn't get the lower unit into a garbage can so I came up with this. The garbage can would be better since you know it's pulling water up where it's supposed to. The way I'm doing it is somewhat forcing the water up the back way but that is where the water is sucked in when you have the motor in reverse.

Hope that helps.

Bob
Attachments:

Re:Flushing attachment 7 years 9 months ago #124376

• 16Again
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Didn't realize that those were where water entered when in reverse but it makes sense. Your right about the trash can but its a bit awkward to use at the marina. Planning on getting a taste of salt soon and want to be able to flush once were done.
Thanks
Jack

Re:Flushing attachment 7 years 9 months ago #124390

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've made a couple like Bob's, they work great.Because the standard inlet by the snout is open, excess pressure should not push water into the gearcase, and the water pump still has to work a bit to circulate thru the block. Should be ideal for flushing salt. Remove the screws and the reverse intake plate comes off. Use it as a template to scribe onto a piece of aluminum, cut out and check for fit, drill screw holes, get a garden hose fitting and a tap from a hardware store, drill and tap, insert fitting, done. Getting the aluminum and the garden hose fitting are really the hardest part. I am all thumbs and can snap a bolt easier than it should be, and I made mine in about an hour each, first try!!!

Re:Flushing attachment 7 years 9 months ago #124484

• 16Again
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for the input guy's I removed the screen and looked at the housing. It appears to have about a 3/8" round opening which I think I can access thereby making it possible to insert a small hose into the orifice, if this works it should be quick and easily done at the launch ram.

If it works do you see any potential problems?

Thanks
Jack

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)