Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: face lift

face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117068

Hood refurb on 1960 'Rudy

These are Dupont automotive catalyzed paints not rattle cans. The colors are the closest I could come up with. I know they aren't exact, but I think they are acceptable, probably good enough to fool most into thinking they are the exact colors. I used paint chips in a 1950s Dupont book to get as close as possible

White - GM 11 FLEET WHITE
Red - SWIFT Red
Silver - GM Inca Silver

If anyone wants actual codes, I can put those up on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117069

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Lookin' good Bruce, I have a front door for that thing if you need it from a '59.

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117079

Excellent Bruce!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117083

Nice front emblem panel. I have two '57 Lark front panels that are in good shape structurally (no cracks), but have peeling paint. Has anyone stripped and re-painted these before?

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117090

Nice work.

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117091

Thanks guys.

Andy,

I'm sure it's possible to repair some of the colors on an emblem. I also have a 57 Lark, but the faceplate has lots of checking from UV damage. The 56 and 57 Larks are in my opinion two of the best looking Evinrudes ever produced. The big problem with the faceplate repair is the gold or chrome finish on some of the designs. It would be worth looking into which paints would work on your part. I'm almost positive that they will need to be the type of "ink paints' used for screen printing.

about 14 years ago, Robert Sharpton did an excellent job reproducing the Mercury oval plastic emblems used from 1957 to 1963. They have sold hundreds, if not thousands of them to help offset the huge cost of reverse engineering and setting up the process

I have exchanged emails with Bob about doing the Evinrude emblems, the round ones used on the sides were used on many models and might sell OK. But the faceplate on the lark is a tough one. It is a large and intricate part. I'd imagine that if replacements were made for them, they could sell for hundreds of dollars each.

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117249

A couple more of it finished off with top door and bling mounted in place
Attachments:

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117253

Outstanding Bruce!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117266

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Beautiful work. Here's a pic of what you might have started with and also what was done with the emblems that I didn't have the heart to toss. Good man-cave stuff.
I have a complete lower unit for that baby and some other parts if you're in need.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:face lift 8 years 5 months ago #117283

That's actually a cool way to display those hood leftovers. I will admit, I have smashed up many OMC lids over the years. They take up a lot of storage room and aren't easy to sell or even give away. I have tried in the past to give hoods away only to have people complain about the shipping cost. Then when you smash one up to get rid of it - people are mad.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5760 guests and no members online