• Page:

TOPIC: 3 HP Evinrude model 3502A

3 HP Evinrude model 3502A 13 years 9 months ago #11049

• g3jim
  • g3jim's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
anyone have a source for carb kits and gaskets? I know Evinrude does not kit some things as aftermarket companies or Merc does for example but I would be looking for a carb repair kit (gaskets, packing, float, inlet needle etc...) and gaskets for the head, exhaust and base.

Thx in advance
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:3 HP Evinrude model 3502A 13 years 9 months ago #11071

You have a 1965 3hp. An Authorized johnson/Evinrude dealer should have the kit for the 3hp carburetor. Have done many 3hp engines lately going back to the mid 50s and the kits are available. So are complete water pump kits and impellers should you choose not to replace the complete kit. Do yourself and the little classic a favor and treat it to a new pump assembly or impeller as well. Also available are complete tune-up kits (points and condensor) and coils. These are available aftermarket as well with minor differences. I like to use OEM parts while they are still available.

Re:3 HP Evinrude model 3502A 13 years 9 months ago #11080

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I re did the entire ignition (points coils condenser), new plugs, new impeller. I did take the carb down but she does need a kit for sure. she will only run with the choke open and she runs hot even with the new impeller. some water flow but she needs to be cleaned out compression is fine and replacing the gaskets will not hurt either

Re:3 HP Evinrude model 3502A 13 years 9 months ago #11170

When you changed the impeller were all the fingers or fins there. Sometimes they break off and go up the water tube into the motor and clug up the water ways. And that will make it run hot.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:3 HP Evinrude model 3502A 13 years 9 months ago #11194

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
yes they were but since I started this thread I blew some air up through the h2o intake tube. I am about to just tear it all down and put it back together anyway with fresh paint and decals. This thing will outlast me I am sure. nothing like a good egg beater!

Re:3 HP Evinrude model 3502A 13 years 9 months ago #11206

Well I have a little over 40 motors from 1937 to 1985 and from 1 1/2 to 75hp most of my motors are from the 50s to the 60s. You take a 50 year old motor now most places you can only use it 3 months out of the year. So say its used one month out of the year times that by 50 and realy not much use on the motor. So most are just broke in at 50. And nothing like hearing a motor that has been sitting for 20 or 40 years come back to life. Love my motors.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8168 guests and 2 members online