• Page:

TOPIC: Homelite ran great

Homelite ran great 10 years 5 months ago #84348

• rickrodt
  • rickrodt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally got all the bugs worked out on this 1970 Bearcat with an earlier Homelite hood. This spring was her maiden voyage and it developed some issues with ignition and cooling. This past weekend I attended an AOMCI meet up in North Webster Indiana and the motor ran flawless after installing a new set of points, condenser, set timing to spec's and installing a new tell tail tube. I took it out and idled around the entire lake for about an hour and a half with the motor not missing a beat. On Sunday, we as a group went for a tour of the lake and I was at the dock, sitting in between to 1950's Johnson 35 which were smoking and rattling like crazy at idle. You could not hear the Homelite! It was so quiet and she started with just a touch of the key, not like the Johnson's which had to crank a few times to get going. What a great motor, not the fastest, but certainly a great performer and ahead of its time back in the day.

Regards,
Rick
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Homelite ran great 10 years 5 months ago #84374

rickrodt,

WELCOME ABOARD.

NIFTY Whaler/Homelite combo, too.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Homelite ran great 10 years 5 months ago #84394

• rickrodt
  • rickrodt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you! It is a 10' boat, looks good from 10 feet away. It is all original, but the wood has been stained instead of varnished like it is supposed to be. It has some de-lamination on the console. The fiberglass gel coat has spider cracks in it. It has a sweet ride for cruising around. I intend to get a Bimini top for it someday, maybe next year. I found an original Homelite tach for it and it is mounted in a pod on the top deck of the helm.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)