Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Projects for fall or winter?

Projects for fall or winter? 10 years 7 months ago #83496

• billr
  • billr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Fall will be upon us in a couple weeks.
I'm starting on my winter projects already, wondering what everyone else's projects will be?

One project is to get a 4 cycle back on the Dolphin, which was the boat used by Homelite in the initial media blitz. She's got a nice 1988 Mercury inline 6 115hp on her now, however she's getting a rebuilt Bearcat which is on the way to me as of today. Has been rebuilt, has stainless exhaust valves, Pertronix with flamethrower coil and will need to be broken in. She has only been fired up and run for a few minutes and looks/sounds nice. I will use the CMC tilt/trim unit I have had sitting new in the box downstairs, so she will have ptt. Also has new decals for hood, and I bought a restored hood with cover for her. Should look and perform nicely.
So that is the plan, anyone else have plans for off-season Homelite or Bearcat projects?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Projects for fall or winter? 10 years 6 months ago #83994

My winter project is going to be to try and track down a Bearcat 85. Going to have to downsize my collection and just run a single outboard on my Uniflite I think.

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:Projects for fall or winter? 10 years 6 months ago #84105

Bill, nice to see your post. I've been working on a job that paid great and will use part of that to restore that engine that Miles gave me to repair. I've tried to contact him, but, he's not e-mailing back. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've offered him $200.00 and he's still not replied. I think I'll send him a registered letter with the offer and if he doesn't reply in 30 days, just keep the motor. I'd hate to rebuild this and then him wanting it back. Seems as though he's really not interested.

Re:Projects for fall or winter? 10 years 6 months ago #84401

• 4stroke
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm thinking winter's project will be downsizing. I checked compression on the Homelite I've been running the last few years, 175lbs in all four cylinders, this engine should last for years. I want to get my "F" engine back in order as a backup and maybe have a spare good powerhead. I sold the 85hp the other day for my price. Hadn't used it since Oct 2010, was a real trip to experience this engine but for practical reasons I didn't need it.

Dick Johnson

1989 16ft Sylvan

'57 Evinrude 18 (finally found a decent one)
'58 Johnson 5.5
'72 Johnson 6.0
'61 Homelite
'64 Johnson 18
'65 Homelite 55
'66 Homelite 55
'68 Bearcat 55 (3)
'70 Bearcat 55 (2)
'71 Bearcat 85 (Sold)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Donate