I got a test prop for a V4 ome and prop shaft was about .090 to small. Tried to get a shop to bore it out but din't want to do. So this is what I did.
In the first pic I made a spindle on my wood lathe out of a doel whit one end that would fit my 3/8 drill press and the other end just a little smaller then prop shaft hole. Cut a slit in the end to go in the shaft hole and warped it with so 80 grit belt sander paper. Got it all set on the press and just started going up and down in the hole with the press. As the hole got bigger just put a longer peice of paper around the end and keep doing this till the hole was big enough for the prop shaft to fit in. Now on the back of the test prop is a flange that had to be cut off. You can see in one pic were it was cut off. Ok a long preocee about 4 hours to get it all done but it works. I also had to cut a 50gal barrol down on one side so it just slied up behing the leg and truning spindel. The peice I cut out of the barrol was 6x14. I also cut some hoses to go over the shapr edges so don't screch the motor.
Any way I cn run the motor up to 3000 rpm now and not blow all my water out of the barrol
I know a lot of work but can't find test props for these easy and it works and thats all the counts
Mike aka the pirater
Interesting. I did that with a VW motor. The oil pump sits on the back of the motor. I had an automatic stick which required a tranny pump which also mounted on the back. Instead of buy an expensive dual pump, I sanded out the existing one and passed the drive pump shaft thru the mounting plate. Hard to visualize, but, it worked great.
Never worked on VW but can understand what you mean. One thing by using the dowl the way I did the hole came out almost perfect.
Oh I got the test prop off Ebay for just $20 I think I did pretty good on cost.
Mike aka the pirate