Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance Agency recognizes FiberGlassics.com as one of the first -- and most engaging -- communities dedicated entirely to the classic fiberglass boating hobby. As the world's leading provider of collector boat insurance, we offer a product specially tailored to the collector hobby. In recognition of the FiberGlassic.com’s efforts within the collector community, we are now offering a 10% premium discount to all FiberGlassic.com members* . To learn more about Hagerty and its collector boat program, post here or call 1-800-762-2628.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show

50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 9 months ago #111117

Don't let the "wood" fool you! Bring those fabulous fin boats of the 50's and enjoy beautiful Lake Tahoe this July 24 and 25th. I'll be there to welcome all our FiberGlassic friends. Please give me a call (800-762-2628, ext 8765) for information on this spectacular show on one of the most beautiful lakes in the world! Hope to see you there!!

www.tahoewoodenboats.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 9 months ago #111189

I would be there if I could. Tahoe is beautiful! Please take pictures at the show!

Hello, World!!

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 9 months ago #111206

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Would love to go but too far for me,my dance card is full but would be fun someday again,when I did cars I would do hot August nights in reno then slip up to the show,have a food time Bill

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 9 months ago #111298

Karma, I will definitely take pics of some cool boats; however, I can't imagine any of them rivaling Bill Anderson's unique collection!

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 9 months ago #111299

Bill, you would definitely get your monies worth between Hot August Nights and the Concours. The South Tahoe show is generally 2 weeks prior to the Concours.

Heading to Algonac the weekend of June 26. Hope to see some of our FiberGlassic friends at the show!! Please contact me with any questions.

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 9 months ago #111308

Thanks for this post. I had only ever heard of the Concourse. I just made my reservations to see this one. Now, if I only had a boat. ;-)

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 8 months ago #112412

Will FG have a booth or anything to identify itself? Do you have any idea as to who will be in attendance. I just made my reservations and am planning to attend, no boat this year.
Jack

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 8 months ago #112638

Jack,

I apologize for the late response. Although my plans to attend the South Tahoe Classic Boat Show changed, I have reached out to the organizers for confirmation on what classic glass boats will be displayed. Once I have the information, will post in this forum. Have you ever been to this show and/or the Tahoe Concours (North Shore)? Tahoe is one of the most scenic areas in North America! Enjoy Jack!

Re: 50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 8 months ago #112823

No problem. I was at the S. Shore show last year. It was during the Hot August Nights pre show which is not being held this year. Have never been to N. Shore event. Looking forward the weekend as Tahoe is great no matter what.
Thanks
Jack

Re:50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 8 months ago #112825

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
We'd love to see some pics of the event if you happen to take your camera along Jack! (hint hint). :laugh:

Mark

Re:50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 8 months ago #113236

Here is a link to some photos we took. Only 2 fiberglass fin boats and a couple of CC XK 22's, but it was a beautiful event. Had a great time and met a lot of nice people. Even took a ride on the Stardust.

picasaweb.google.com/109460338656118588374/SouthLakeTahoeWoodenBoatShow?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJGzxJT6ir2OigE&feat=directlink

Re:50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 7 months ago #113262

Thanks for the awesome pics!

It was Huell Howser's show from this event a few years ago -- recently re-run on local PBS station, that pushed me to acquire my little FiberGlassic. I can't afford the time or money to even maintain one of the classic woodies, but my little Ranger has sweet lines and rides nice at a fraction of the price.

Of course, she can't go on Lake Tahoe with her two-stroke, but I'll have fun elsewhere.

Re:50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 7 months ago #113272

Yes, while it would be amazing to have one of these wood classics, the time and money would be too much.

The one called Pinks was utterly amazing in it's attention to original detail, down to the linoleum flooring inside.

Re:50's and Fins - South Tahoe Classic Wood Boat Show 8 years 7 months ago #113598

Made the show on Sat morning early and was really glad I didn't try to do Friday as I understand it was a madhouse. Unfortunate so few glassics were present but those that did were really well done and while not as "classic" as the Woody's they certainly held their own with regard to quality of restoration and or preservation. The Arena craft is magnificent.

I gather from reading some of the older treads that in the East quite a few opportunities exist to meet with like minded boaters and display the toys, does anything happen out west?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)