• Page:

TOPIC: Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's

Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 1 week ago #92163

• morris
  • morris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok gang, Any New England Area owners interested in attending this event? Here is a letter I received March 14th. Contact me at here, or at g3owners.com if your interested and I will help secure the rest of the info.

So far I have a firm commitment from one boater. We need 4 more for featured boat consideration.

g3jim,or (65g3) Tony, you both are at least a day travel time away from this event. Would either of you know of anyone close enough to attend?? Other than Ben he's is planning on going.

Al

Mar 13 at 9:21 PM

Dear Al,

The Lake Champlain Chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society is a ~120 member group made up of antique boat enthusiasts from New York and Vermont. We hold an annual boat show on the waterfront in Burlington, VT. - this year's show will be August 8th and 9th. Our show is timed to coincide with a larger waterfront event and if the past is any indication of the number of visitors we'll have in 2014 they will be in the thousands.

In 2014 we are inaugurating a "Featured Boat" dimension to the show to expand the types of boats that are customarily displayed as well as to encourage broader participation within ACBS and our chapter. We are reaching out to marquee boat clubs to see if a number of their members would enjoy joining us at our show.

In order to plan for and promote our program this year we would need the featured boat group to commit to bring a minimum of 5 boats to the show. In addition to having a great time over the course of the boat show weekend we are offering some attractive benefits:
•VIP status for attendees
•An award for the Best Featured Boat
•Free boat show registration
• Free membership to the Lake Champlain Chapter of the ACBS for one year
•Free parking for the tow vehicles and trailers
•Free slips at the Burlington waterfront
• Free ad in the directory and boat show program

•Assistance in securing lodging and making arrangements for the attending boats
•Fellowship of a most welcoming ACBS chapter

If the Glasspar G-3 community finds this invitation attractive and would like to discuss participation please let me know.

Regards,

Keith Gaylord
Board Member, LC/ACBS

Last Edit: Mar 14, 2014 at 8:27am by al

ACBS Marque Club Representative for the G3 Owners Association.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 1 week ago #92166

Sounds like an slipped, In-Water Event.

Re:Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 1 week ago #92168

The Antique Boat Museum in Clayton maybe in conflict with these dates with its big 50 year event, too.

Re:Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 1 week ago #92171

Al, that looks like a great event but it is WAY too far for us!

Re:Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 1 week ago #92180

• morris
  • morris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It looks like a strictly a New York, New England event. Chris may be right about a conflict with the Clayton 50th celebration this year. We do have g3 owners up there but have not heard from some of them for a while. I have had this event posted on the g3owners homepage forum for a couple of weeks. As we still have many g3 owners here I felt this would be a good place to post the event. It is definitely to far for Mid Atlantic g3 owners for sure.

Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 1 week ago #92203

Mid-Atlantic..... sounds like St. Michaels, MD on 6.13, 14, and 15. trailer, or slip or beach.

1) G-3 Award judged by the G-3 boat owners there, except the restomod v-drive can not compete as that boat won last year.

2) Glasspar Award is new this year. Separate from the G-3 Awaard. Again, judged by the Glasspar boat owners that have a Glasspar boat.

Ya all come!

more info: chris (seabudy) brown, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 518-3218-0045 cell

Re:Lake Champlain Invatation to Glasspar G3 owner's 10 years 5 days ago #92502

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
CLAYTON , 1000 islands is Aug 1-3, but Raceboat activities Aug 8-10
" The Antique Boat Museum celebrates 50 years of boats shows in Clayton, New York during a 10-day celebration in 2014. Join us for the 50th Annual Antique Boat Show and Auction on August 1-3 and stick around the Islands for the Raceboat Regatta the following weekend, August 8-10. "

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6679 guests and one member online