Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best G-3 Award

Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78119

Who will win “Best G-3 at the 26th Annual Antique and Classic Boat Show and Festival Award"? This is a new award and will be given out at the 26th Annual Antique and classic Boat Show and Festival in St. Michaels, MD over the three days of June 14, 15,16, 2013.
The Boat Show Meeting was tonight. This is a go.
Award will be judged only by those boat owners that bring a G-3 to the Show. G-3 folks will judge G-3 Glaspar Boats. This is somewhat outside the rules, but of several choices of judging, this was thought best.

www.seabuddyonboats.com is sponsoring/paying for the Award and Chris (seabuddy) Brown will present this Award alongside all the other Awards the club gives out (about 40) that are judged by ACBS rules.

Seabuddy does not own a G-3 right now, so he can not vote. Only G-3 boat owners will vote and they will decide what they value as best representing the Best of Show G-3 Boat Brand at the show. There will be no fee for entering your boat into the judging, register with the show that you are bringing a G-3 (there is fee for registration) and it will be up to that group of G-3 Boat owners to judge what they like and value best.

Hurry up, boat registration is closing. Call Dominic at 410-487-3989 410-487-3989 or e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. pretty damn quick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78120

This is an "extra" award. All the other Awards, judged by ACBS standards, fees still are in place. This show gives out about 40 Awards.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78153

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
S.B. This should be interesting.! Will be watching for the pics.
Maybe the Quincy guys will travel east .?

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78168

Interesting story here. I love G-3s. Brings me back to my teens every time I see one.

I have been a member of ACBS club chapters for several years and joined different locals as jobs, Mom care, and other things moved me around the Eastern half of the country. Each chapter of ACBS reflects a different mind set towards Wood, Metal, and Fiberglass boats based on their leadership and nearby membership. There 57 chapters and maybe 57 different ideas as to what is a cool boat.

So, around 2005-2006, we joined the Chesapeake Bay Chapter and I mentioned that I liked G-3 boats. "Oh good" I recall was said to me. "Lots of G-3s come to our show." Now, this was in November, so being a good new member, I kept my head done and waited till next June.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78169

more later.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78170

Sorry. My wife is going to do a Radio Interview this morning and I needed to do some things for her.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78171

Back to my story.

So, fast forward... you all know that the Chesapeake Bay Chapter Boat Show and Festival has one or tow G-3s, but nothing like a fleet of G-3s bow on the sand or running around the Bay in the period of 2006 to 2012 show dates.

I went tp our show, other show, asked about G-3s in the men's room. Just made a pest of myself. But, still no fleet of G-3s.

When I did the final politics of sponsoring a new Award this week, one of my fellow club members mentioned that he has seen the list and no G-3s so far are signed up to come. He was not being unsupportive, he just wanted me to know, with a hint that I am wasting my donation money for an Award for G-3s.

BTW, I think at least two will come and those fellas can who flip a coin as to takes home the Best G-3 Award.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78212

Any body else? Land or water display.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78267

Got a list of two motels that still have rooms open on Saturday and had a great Beef sandwich, too, at Ava's.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78535

Award is ordered and she is nice.

Re:Best G-3 Award 10 years 10 months ago #78719

OK, Award set up Thursday. Show opens Friday. Seminars on boats from 11AM to 4 PM.

Get there Wed, running around that quick storm.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7053 guests and one member online