Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's

windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #61823

Just started fixing up a G3 centerdeck 1963

I would appreciate any and all recommendations where I best buy the following items (lowest price / standard stuff)

Windshield, seats, steeringwheel (cable going round the boat), rubber strip that goes around the boat (aluminium is there, just need the rubber)

here is what i started with last week, (see picture)

thanks a lot.
Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #61871

Dennis:

Welcome to the website Sir!

Dennis, here is a link for you on where to get the rubber strip and hardware for your G-3:

www.wefcorubber.com/productinfo.asp?page=14

On your windshield, here is a link for a company in Michigan that
has done windshields for our G-3's:

www.manta.com/c/mmchfpl/edston-plastics-co

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #61926

Dennis,

FYI, if you have a center-deck G-3, it is not a 1963 model. The center-decks were built in 1959, 1960 and 1961. From 1962 to 1968 all G-3s were open decks. Personally, I like the center-decks better and I have my second 1960 model.

Jim Savage

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #61984

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

I have called for the rubber, and pete knew exactly what i needed, so that's done.

will check on the winshield next.

I definately have a centerdeck, the paperwork tells me 63, but probably that wrong then.

one more question, can anybody recommend a certain type of bilge pump i should install? i have been reading and people recommend them.

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #61990

Dennis, we can figure out the year... we know you have a center deck... so you are between '59 to '61. Depending on the year, you will have slightly different interior configuration. Others may want to step in here... but I will give it a go.

in 1959 there was no center deck support "Glasspar" logo, but there were sponson decals that said Glasspar; like my boat... see image. Also a 1959 did not have any foot support piece up under the deck... where the driver can hold himself into the seat. If you have this foot board up under the deck, you have a '60 or '61.

If you have a hull ID number that is very helpful... in '59 they have been found up under the center deck on the port side seat back bolt... I have also heard they have been on a tag attached to the port side transom eye bolt, up inside the boat. In 1960, I have seen them stamped into the bigger aluminum trim piece at the base of the center deck support. Other '60 abd '61 boats have them on a plate attached to the fwd-port cockpit side.

I think that in 1961, there was a recessed bilge drain area, under the splashwell in the center of the boat... this would collect water to be drained out the centerline drain hole. 1959 and 1960 had cockpit drain plugs on the stbd side.

1959 decal on sponson (no emblem on center deck support)

1960-61 center deck emblem (no decal on sponson)

1960-61 serial number plate on port side of cockpit

1959 serial number plate up under centerdeck
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #62015

Based on this information, I have a 60 or 61 model. The logo is no longer there, but I can see the 2 holes where it once must have been.
I have not been able to idify a serial number.

Many of the 'nice' things on the boats in these pictures are missing on mine. No seats, no winshield, electrics replaced with hobby stuff, etc.

I would like to make this boat work, without full restauration initially, and if we enjoy using it, I will do a full restauration next year or the year after, thats the plan.

Installing a bilge pump, buying seats, and getting the engine to work are the first priorities so we can start to use it.

Thanks for all your support, all recommendations you can give with regards to companies that can provide the front bench, what type bilge pump I should install etc. will help me.

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #62031

Dennis:

Here are some restoration photos of our 1960 G-3 with the upholstery work my friend and vendor did for me:
Attachments:

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #62032

Dennis, this is what the seats looked like BEFORE the restoration:
Attachments:

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 10 months ago #62033

Here is my friend and vendors information if you are interested in contacting him Dennis:

Tommie and Jessica Salter
"Salter Marine Upholstery and Canvas"
16,881 U.S. Highway 17
Hampstead, N.C. 28443
(910)231-2628

I don't know where you live Dennis, but Tommie and Jessica do great work as you can see and are very reasonable on their prices. I can give him my seat bottoms and backs for a pattern on yours if you want.

Re:windshield, bench/seats, bumber strip, logo's 11 years 9 months ago #62161

Dennis,

Here are some drawings that provide the dimensions/patterns for the bench seats:

Here are the brackets that hold the bench seat together:

And here are the brackets that screw to the bottom of the seat and are glassed
to the floor:

Here is a shot of my seat:
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024