Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great article on the G2

Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57426

The April edition of Hemmings has a 3+ page color article about Alan Mortlock's G2 restoration starting on page 70.

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57464

Frank is the the G2 car/
Mike aka the pirate

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57466

Yes, Bill Tritt, the guy who designed and built the G3 we all love, built the G2 car that gave chevy the corvette idea...

This article isn't about the G2 as much as it is this one guy's restoration of it. I just figured it would be of interest to you G3 types. I could scan it and post it or email it to anybody that wanted to see it if you don't have Hemmings locally.

Frank

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57488

We had a totally restored G-2 automobile at our National G-3 Rally a few years back, but I lost the pics and info on it when my old computer crashed. It is a neat looking car. Someone who attended the Rally with us should have pics and the owners name!

Jim Savage

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57508

Like this?

Attachments:

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57553

Looks like it, but I thought they were built in the late 50s. Glasspar wasn't in business until 1958, or so I have been led to believe.

Jim Savage

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57580

Bill starting making the G2 in '49. They were really the genesis of chevy's vette, which was first manufactured in '53 with help from Bill. Check this out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasspar_G2

Or this: www.supercars.net/cars/4888.html

Or this: www.conceptcarz.com/z18249/Glasspar-G2.aspx

Re:Great article on the G2 12 years 1 month ago #57583

Frank is right Jim. Bill Tritt actually started Glasspar around 1948 and started by building small boats and fiberglass sailboat spars. Hence the name Glasspar. By 1958 he had discontinued production of the cars and the Glasspar Boat Company was one of the largest in the country. Much of the reason for its success was a result of Bill Tritts design genious. By 1960 Glasspar was the largest recreational boat building company not only in the United States but in the world. Not only was the Glasspar G2 the inspiration for the corvette but Bill Tritt sent his production manager to Chevrolet on loan for six months to help them set up production for the fiberglass corvette bodies. Bill Tritt has left quite a legacy and we are all benificeries of that legacy. Brian

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)