• Page:

TOPIC: banner

banner 12 years 6 months ago #44318

• 65G3
  • 65G3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #44332

Great choice! I think the red flag compliments any color scheme as the it matches the outboard tanks and bow port-side light (and my dead-man switch & lanyard).
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #44422

Dean

They gave me "hell" for putting my flag/banner/burgee in the back like yours on the
light pole. I like it back there. I guess it's not "correct". Anyone know for sure?

Our G-3's are very close to having the same set-up with different motors.
I love the look of both.

John
Attachments:

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #44438

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
.."65".: Good Choice ,I bought a few things from this vendor , Melissa.... Burgees or pennants look good on a boat up front..
. I believe most capt's will say the American Flag goes on the rear. woodyboater.com/communityweb/woody-boaters-remember-september-11-2001-with-their-ensigns/

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #45437

Hi John,

Yeah, those are the same guys that wear white polyester pants, deck shoes, a navy blue blazer and a pretend admiral's hat...

On my big boat I have a flag pole on the stern, flags off the mast spreaders and one on the bow. I looked into this when I ventured into Canadian waters and wanted to know how to properly fly the Canadian courtesy flag... I THINK, but I am not an authority... as I dont own white polyester pants or a Navy blue blazer... the flag priority locations are considered;

The stern flag pole is always the priority, so it needs to fly your highest priority flag... such as your country's flag (the American flag).

If you have a mast then its flag is second in priority (thats where you would fly the visiting country courtesy flag (if you have more than one flag on the mast then the starboard flag has more priority than the port flag). You could also fly your burgee there.

The bow flag has the next priority and that is where you would fly your club burgee or martini flag, etc... us trailer boaters don't have masts, so the bow staff has lower priority than the stern pole... thats where we would fly the burgee if we also fly an American flag.

Finally there are other traditions, like jacks and ensigns... and times of day you raise and lower flags, lowering your ensign while passing warships etc... and all that jazz that becomes too complicated unless you put your white pants on.

This is my understanding, perhaps someone has better information... but given the priorities... you and I ARE RIGHT, since we choose to only fly one flag. If we also flew an American flag, then the burgee should be flown on the bow staff, and Old Glory should be on the stern.

Whew... sorry about the long post!

Dean

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #45445

John,

Yeah... our boats are setup very similar. This photo of yours (above) allowed me to really study your motor/transom setup. Heh... nothing like a white motor on the back of G3 ;)

I really LOVE my CMC unit. Not being able to trim the motor would serious dampen the fun factor... as I am sure you know. I have it mounted such that my motor clamp is about 3-1/2" above the top of the transom, putting my cav plate just shy of 2" above the bottom of the boat.

I'm still searching for the right prop. My motor is two hours away from being broke in, so very soon the operational restrictions are lifted, and I get to run a normal fuel mix. Of the props I've borrowed from Thom to test; with my 2:1 gears, I am currently happiest with a Michigan 19P non-cupped prop... I am seeing only 7-8% slip on flat water. I may be zeroing in on the optimum pitch, but the available prop styles are still really confusing me. I am going to start a new thread to see what folks in the know have to say.

Dean

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #45454

Old Glory ALWAYS waves from the stern position. The other burgees fly off the bow!!

And Dean, you just got JC's head swollen even more by saying "nothing looks better than a white motor on a white boat, etc". how wrong is that? Can't you relate to contrast?? Contrast is definitely the best looking, thus a BLACK Motor on a white boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hummmmmm! I wonder if John C's arms are long enough to reach around this!!!!
:cheer:
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #45486

Jimmy

I like your new motor. If it were painted white it would be better.
YES I have arms long enough to go around that big bad black thing.
Can you pucker your lips for kissing? I look forward to boating with
you again my friend.

You missed another good time. My motor broke down and as you know
Vernon's lake is out in the boon docks so no parts were available for quick
repairs. My problem was just a faulty coil. I had one at home and it is now installed.
Some OMC's are easy to fix.

John

Re:banner 12 years 6 months ago #45510

Man, you mean I missed the chance to tow in a Johnson Stinger and get pictures too!!!

And now, you all know why I beefed up the transom a while back ha!ha!

I am sorry your day was cut short by the bad coil. Yes, I wanna boat with you again very much too!

Jim Savage
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat