Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New G-3 Owner

New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41527

Hello everyone. My father and Ben Sorkin's (finallyfast i think) father are VERY close friends and after spending so much time with ben and his G-3, he inspired me to spend my summer looking for a G-3 of my own. I found a 1960 Glasspar G3 with a 1962 Lark IV Evinrude. After buying it and having it shipped from alabama, i finally got it out on the water and even though it looks AMAZING with that motor it lacks the power that i would like. If anyone has some suggestions on how to make it faster or any boating tips (i'm quite new to driving boats) then i would be very grateful.

thanks, derek w. (well-worth-it)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41567

It may not be your comp thats haywire, It happens from time to time, But you can open the other posts and hit delete.
And congrats on the G3 purchase!!!! G3Jim will hook you up with a nice merc,. Your just lucky NUT isnt able to get on line...lol.... he would have a spaz attack if he read that the evinrude isnt fast enough!....lol. Ask Ben about the NUT! the dark side(merc) and team omc....

And we love pics here in cyber land so lets get Ben and his camara and get some shots!!!!!!

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41574

Welcome to the neighborhood Derek!

HAH... Ponyboy, you know how we love the NUT's spaz attacks! I miss his posts. Derek, here's at tip; If you want to keep up with your buddy Ben, join the dark side!

Seriously, please post a bunch of shots of your G3 and classic Evinrude.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41604

Well-Worth-It wrote:

Hello everyone. My father and Ben Sorkin's (finallyfast i think) father are VERY close friends and after spending so much time with ben and his G-3, he inspired me to spend my summer looking for a G-3 of my own. I found a 1960 Glasspar G3 with a 1962 Lark IV Evinrude. After buying it and having it shipped from alabama, i finally got it out on the water and even though it looks AMAZING with that motor it lacks the power that i would like. If anyone has some suggestions on how to make it faster or any boating tips (i'm quite new to driving boats) then i would be very grateful.

thanks, derek w. (well-worth-it)

Hello Derek!!!! Well, just happens ol' GLASSPARNUT is back- just in TIME to SAVE you from the DARK SIDE!!!! But first, Jeff Ponyboy.... REMEMBER we don't allow the words "nice" and "Merc" in the same sentence.....EVER! Its an oxymoron, like "jumbo shrimp".... Now Derek, That LARK just looks SOOOOO good on your boat, it would be a crying SHAME to replace it with an unreliable, obnoxious clatterbox, like Ben has... So, as one fellow OMC member to another, heres what I suggest. I am all for more power, as I run the biggest OMC engine that my G3 will float, and in fact, that 40 LARK is 20 hp LESS than Bill Tritt even designed the G3 for in the first place!! Simply unacceptable for the "Corvette of the water".... My rule of thumb says, nothing less than 75hp on a G3- (ya hear THAT Mr. Savage?)Heres what we do. Ben probably never mentioned the famous Johnson STINGER to ya during his indoctrination to the DARK SIDE, but this motor, the 75hp loop-charged 3 cylinder has been giving the Merc boys nightmares since it was introduced. Several people with classic motors like yours have simply (or not so simply) swapped their old covers over to a newer motor!!! Chris Beisel was the pioneer with his 60 Starflite cover on to a later 115 V4, and it looked GREAT! So, we need you to swap your beautiful LARK cover onto a RED HOT Johnson STINGER or Evinrude HUSTLER!!! A GREAT winter project for ya!!! Might even get extra credit in your shop class!!! As incentive, I offer you this vision....imagine a PICTURE of your "Lark 40" 4 or 5 boat lengths in FRONT of Bens Towering SILO as you both cross the finish line.....HA! I want one too! Just say, "NO MERCURY"!!!! Now, "Git 'er DONE!" HA!
NUT

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41642

HEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRss the NUT!!!!......lol.

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41645

to make the right suggestions and coments we need pictures and more pictures
Lets see some.
Mike aka the pirate

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41651

OK... where is the Doc and the Savage?!! The NUT has opened the door... in fine form. I need to get some popcorn and a soda to watch the show :lol:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41657

pathfinderz1 wrote:

to make the right suggestions and coments we need pictures and more pictures
Lets see some.
Mike aka the pirate

go to www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.271682639515318.83245.100000207513540

the pics should be available to everyone.

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41662

HMMMM it wont let me in

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41677

alright... is there any way to post about 10 pics without creating a new post for each one?

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41678

Attachments:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41679

Attachments:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41680

Attachments:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41681

Attachments:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41684

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
geez she is in nice shape for an old girl. To post multiple photos after you submit the 1st click on the edit feature to ad more photos.

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41700

You at least need to slap a Merc 700 on her!

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41870

• G3Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome aboard bud!
Derek mentioned that he is quite new to driving boats. This isn't very true. He's only 12, but he's been driving boats since he was a baby! He drives his 22 foot sea ray and 13 foot whaler like a pro!

NUT,
good to see you here! But, Derek is making the right decision about wanting a merc, after seeing what mine will do i think he fell in love!!! And your thoughts about passing my towering silo with a baby 3cylinder? PREPOSTEROUS!
HA
-Ben

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41926

You tell the Nut Ben!!! He is still not very understanding about towers of power being the best!!!

Jim Savage

Re: 12 years 8 months ago #41962

G3Ben wrote:

NUT,
good to see you here! But, Derek is making the right decision about wanting a merc, after seeing what mine will do i think he fell in love!!! And your thoughts about passing my towering silo with a baby 3cylinder? PREPOSTEROUS!
HA
-Ben

Hi ya Ben! Yea it looks like I arrived on the scene JUST in time to help your friend Derek find his way back on the right path.... Poor kid was actually gonna buy a wimpy merc like JIM's! Can you believe THAT??? All of a sudden, it seems a new laptop was a small price to pay for saving another hapless soul from The DARK Side... HA! So, he "fell in love" after seeing what your 6 cylinder, 49.9 mph, whistling silo, could do, huh.... well, if I remember correctly, John Clintons wimpy, 49 cubed, "baby" 3 cylinder JOHNSON STINGER is running 48 mph and rumor has it, poor Jim Savage is STILL drying out from the soaking he got, eatin JC's rooster tail!!!! HA!
And, cause I'm such a nice guy, I won't even remind you about Michael Anfossi's 60 mph G3 powered by- you guessed it- another 49 cubed 3 cylinder, Evinrude HUSTLER!!!! I agree with ya on one thing though, it DOES seem "preposterous" that a wimpy little Stinger could be 5 boat lengths in front of your clatterbox with all those cylinders, but young impressionable minds like Dereks need to know THE FACTS! I stated in an earlier post that the OMC loopers have been giving the "KOOKS" nightmares for YEARS, and if Derek follows my advice, the backside of his "LARK" cover will be etched into your eyeballs so you can still see it at night with your eyes closed!!! HA! Sweet dreams! :P
NUT
Attachments:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41966

• G3Ben
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I like the pic NUT.
However,Michael Anfossi's G3has a pad, and is insanely fast regardless of what motor he uses!
Second, I believe Mr. Clinton has a raised motor and/or jackplate (correct me if i'm wrong, as i dont totally remember right now)
Maybe I should raise my silo a bit, throw a jackplate on, try a labbed 22" chopper, and clean the bottom of my hull. Then I'll have to race you!!!
And I'm going to sleep now, with the image of my towering silo blocking the view of a gorgeous G3 with a pretty little evinrude trailing behind me.
Sweet dreams to you too NUT!! :lol:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #41994

Just to put the record straight. I never got 60mph from the Evinrude Hustler. Here are my top speeds

15" Evinrude Hustler, 23" pitch cleaver at about 6400rpm on 22 inch transom - 56mph

15" Merc 50hp, 20" cleaver, probably about 5800rpm on 20.5inch transom 46mph

Bone stock 40hp Evinrude, strock alumium prop, stock transom height - 36mph

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #42016

who is this scrawny little boy!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

Re:New G-3 Owner 12 years 8 months ago #42076

Well-Worth-It wrote:

who is this scrawny little boy!!!!!!!!!!

oh, that scrawny kid is.... BRIAN! HA!
NUT

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)