Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® South-East
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event

2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93254

Mike Dickson (glassparva) and myself are planning the 2nd Annual Falls Lake, N.C. Boating GTG to again be held at the "Falls Lake
State Recreation Area" right off of N.C. Highway 50 on Saturday
June 28, 2014 at 9:00 A.M. This is a beautiful area with very nice concrete boat ramps and docks and plenty of areas to beach the boats.

We held this event last year at the same location and everyone seemed to have a great time. This event is open to ANY make, or model boat, antique or new, fiberglass or wood.

Below are some photos taken from last years event. I will also post a map of this area for anyone interested in attending.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93255

Here is a link for the area we will meeting at with address and phone numbers:

www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/fala/pics/hwy50.pdf

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93256

More photos of last years event:
Attachments:

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93257

Check your schedules for this event and we hope to see some of the members there!

Hey Mark S.,....it sure would be great to see you there with that Glastron of yours!

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93272

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
1960RedG-3 wrote:

More photos of last years event:

John,I want to know who that old man is messin' in the back of my boat!! :)

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93304

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I'll have to check it out to see if I can work out something with my dialysis schedule John, I'd really LOVE to attend! Thank you for the invitation, it means a lot to me.

Mark

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93307

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
MarkS wrote:

I'll have to check it out to see if I can work out something with my dialysis schedule John, I'd really LOVE to attend! Thank you for the invitation, it means a lot to me.

Mark if you attend "boatless" and I'm there, you are more than welcome to ride with Dee and I. jim

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93313

• MarkS
Thanks Jim, I appreciate the offer. Getting the GT up there shouldn't be a problem, you can't even tell it's being towed behind the F-150. (Sometimes it startles me when I look in the mirror and see something that close behind me, then I remember it's MY BOAT!) :ohmy:

Mark

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 11 months ago #93327

MarkS wrote:

You are very welcome Mark! I hope you can make it Sir!

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 9 months ago #96335

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am fairly sure I wont have mine ready for this year. But its on my list for next year!
NC State Rec Area Falls Lake
Falls Lake

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 5 days ago #107362

• MarkS
Some guys on the Glastron forum are asking if this event has been planned again for this year, any word guys?

Mark

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 4 days ago #107449

MarkS wrote:

Some guys on the Glastron forum are asking if this event has been planned again for this year, any word guys?

Mark:

To my knowledge, the AOMCI Group out of Raleigh has planned the Falls Lake Event for Saturday June 27th, 2015. But with that being said, I can't confirm that for you Sir. For some reason they took me off their e-mail list?? I will try to do some checking on this event for you. I do know that one AOMCI Member here (Denny) mentioned this event in another thread a few days ago.

Sorry I can't be of more help Mark.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 4 days ago #107455

Mark:

Here is the link to the other thread I mentioned in my last post.
Go to the bottom of page 1 and you will see a post by FG Member
"kidcole", namely, Denny Cole who asked about this event. I will
try to e-mail him or one of their other AOMCI Members to get some more info for you Sir.

www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/falls-lake-n-c-classic-boat-event

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 3 days ago #107483

• MarkS
Thanks John, Denny was the one asking - didn't know you were already working on it.

Mark

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 9 years 3 days ago #107504

Looks like this one went full circle. I am in the Raleigh AOMCI group, but as far as I can tell we are not organizing the meet.

I spoke with the guy who posted this meet on our AOMCI calendar and he said the meet was being organized by the Glaspar G3 group. Someone told him June 27th. But I cannot find them either. I'll keep asking around the sites .. :-)

Thanks !

Thanks !

Denny Cole
Clayton NC

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 11 months ago #107768

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I too am in the Carolinas AOMCI Chapter (NC, SC, and southern VA except Hampton Rhodes).

I was the 'guy' Denny referenced.:) I wanted to confirm this event to add it to our calender. Some of our members may want to attend. Plus for planning I try to capture the boaty things going on around us for later reference. Trying to avoid members having to choose one event over another. Heck we have a few ACBS guys in our midst. (don't tell anyone :) ) I like attend their meets too.

I don't see anything going on from June 13, when we have a meet on Philpott Lake, till the RD ACBS meet on the July 18. I have the 27th marked as tentative till I hear other wise.

There is a big ACBS show way up in MD, at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum June 19-21, though.

Mark

Boats: 76 Chrysler Conqueror S3, 61 Larson Playmate. Outboards: 76 Chrysler 105, 70 Chrysler 70, 57 Evinrude Bigtwin 35, 80 Johnson 35 looper, 74 Chrysler 45, 67 Mercury 650SS, and others.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 10 months ago #109637

I am happy to announce that our East Coast Glasspar Association IS
hosting the 3RD ANNUAL FALLS LAKE, NC Event on Saturday June 27th, 2015. We would like to meet everyone at the N.C. 50 State Park Boat Ramp between 9:00-9:30 A.M. I will post some maps of the area in the next couple of days.

This event is open to ANY AND ALL boats, new, used, classic, whatever you have. We hope many of you can attend.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 10 months ago #109693

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I will cross post this to the Carolinas AOMCI mailing list. And put it on our calender. I know Kid Cole will want to know.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 10 months ago #109697

I plan on having the Lido up and running again by then. If so I think the wife and I will try to come up there. It will be nice to meat some of the guys I have been talking to and see there boats. Sounds like fun.

BigRay478

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 10 months ago #109718

L98TPI wrote:

I will cross post this to the Carolinas AOMCI mailing list. And put it on our calender. I know Kid Cole will want to know.

Thanks Mark! Can you let Scott Bogue know also???

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 10 months ago #109719

bigray478 wrote:

I plan on having the Lido up and running again by then. If so I think the wife and I will try to come up there. It will be nice to meat some of the guys I have been talking to and see there boats. Sounds like fun.

Bigray478:

Thanks for your reply Sir! It would be great if you guys could make it to the event. We are looking forward to meeting you.

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 10 months ago #109720

Well, I have National Guard that weekend but Im going to see if I can make it up so we can come up there. Maybe the little tires on the boat trailer can stand that long of a drive.

BigRay478

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 9 months ago #111635

• l98tpi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Can one of the sponsors of this event step up and give us a "its on!" update? 1960RedG-3 ???

Re:2nd Annual Falls Lake, NC Event 8 years 9 months ago #111687

L98TPI wrote:

Can one of the sponsors of this event step up and give us a "its on!" update? 1960RedG-3 ???

L98TPI:

As long as we don't have major thunderstorms with lightning up in Raleigh on Saturday June 27th, 2015 we are planning on having this event Sir!

Here is a more "up to date link" on our event in the MAIN FORUM\
AREA:

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/main-forum/3rd-annual-falls-lake-n-c-gtg

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)