Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® South-East
  • Page:

TOPIC: largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E.

largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 13 years 3 weeks ago #26922

The Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival formally known as the Mt. Dora Antique Boat Show is comming up in less than three weeks. This show is now the largest Antique Boat show in the United States. The show will take place in Tavares Florida from March 24th thru the 27th. As many and 20,000 people attended this event each year and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. There are between 200 and 300 Vintage Glass, Wood, and Aluminum boats on Display at this show. Both the Florida Glasspar Club and Fiberglassics will have representation and boats on display at this show. The Florida Glasspar Club will have around 18 boats on display and there will be a number of boats shown by Fiberglassics members as well. There is a large vintage marine flea Market at the show as well as displays of Antique outboard motors and all kinds of vintage boating goodies. If you love vintage boats this is one you must attend at least once in your lifetime. The Florida Glasspar Club is hosting a big casual dinner for its members on Friday night during the show and is extending an invitation to all Fiberglassics members to join in and attend this dinner as guests of the FGC. The price is only $10.00 per person. Let me know if you will be attending and would like to come. Hope to see some of you at the show. Brian Slager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 13 years 3 weeks ago #26923

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
BRIAN: Here is a early pic of the grassy (BEACH?) maybe about 2002 where some of the early FiberGlassic people from the North east met up with some of the Southern members.. This Blue Glastron Scimitar was redone by active restoration member Tommy ion Tampa..

This park setting of Mt Dora was very photogentic by the red stripe LightHouse. . You are correct in the show getting bigger in Tavares. Takes a lot of Sunnyland chapter volunteeers to run the event. Early spring is warm informal gathering of the boating hobby & rub elbows with organization heavies.! Aristro-Craft owner Bill Turner Here & wife Gail are very active in ACBS. He posed for one of my pics after I noticed his name tag.!

Re:largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 13 years 3 weeks ago #26926

Brian
Me and my wife Lana are planning to attend the dinner on Friday do we mail you the money or pay you when we get there.
We will be staying at Lake Helen .we will arrive Tuesday or Wednesday if youe e-mail me your phone number I will call you when I get there. My e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Jerry.

Re:largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 13 years 3 weeks ago #26933

Jerry; Your names are already on the list as a result of your posting your intention to attend on the main Fiberglassics forum. Payment should be sent in advance but I am not handling this so if you email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I will give you the information you need to send your dinner funds. Look forward to meeting you in person at the big show and at the dinner. Brian

Re:largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 12 years 2 months ago #54536

Can you please post to me when the next event when/where is scheduled
Thanks
CaptRhan

I am trying to find info on a Fun Craft for a friend. I says it was made in Florida.

Re:largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 12 years 2 months ago #54562

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
...CAPT.: The spring central Florida show will be Marth 23 Friday to Sunday March25th .. This is suppose to be the 25th Annniversary.
Known as the Town Of Tavares. for 2012.

Re:largest Antique boat show in the country in S.E. 12 years 1 month ago #55396

For those of you planning on attending this event a word of WARNING for you. Two years ago I had items stolen out of my G-3 at this event! :angry: Keep a close eye on all of your items so this does not happen to you.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)