• Page:

TOPIC: New Project - Starcraft Lumie

New Project - Starcraft Lumie 10 years 9 months ago #80531

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I haven't been around here in a dog's age. All is well though. This week I was given a 1988 Johnson GT100 and I remembered an old Starcraft I saw last April. Well, it appears we're going to move forward on this project. First order of business, a new transom as the wood in this is totally shot. Will be a little while before I get it home and get started on it, but I'm excited about this one.

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Project - Starcraft Lumie 10 years 8 months ago #80547

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome back Brian, looking forward to watching you work on another project here! Your PowerCat came up in conversation the other day, and I believe you were working on a couple woody projects last we heard?

Mark

Re:New Project - Starcraft Lumie 10 years 8 months ago #80709

• crosbyboat
  • crosbyboat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
The Powercat boat has been a great rebuild. I have struggled with the twin 1962 Lark IV however. The port engine was a dream; starts, runs, cools. The stbd engine has been a saga of constant issues from carbs to cooling. But I think at this point we're good. The carb was replaced with a second rebuild. Today I spent 5 hours on the cooling and finally got it working. The impellor and housing were damaged by sand. I think i sucked that into the intake while working on the carb problem. Anyway, I rebuilt the stbd lower unit twice today as the first time I had no cooling yet again. The second time I was fine. I either missed the keyway on the impellor or I missed the insertion of one of the cooling tubes in the bright sun. Any way, we can start both engines quickly, they both cool well and we should be good to go to the 1000 Islands Friday.

My next project is an early Starcraft rebuild with Johnson GT100 for power.

Re:New Project - Starcraft Lumie 10 years 8 months ago #81278

Good to see you Brian. This is the first time I've been here in a long time too. Just lurking a bit. Hope you're doing well.
Doug

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6950 guests and one member online