Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu.

Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #79892

Just saying a quick hello, recently traded for a 59 malibu, with a 59 merc mark 55a...runs, but needs an impeller, and a prop seal.

Steering will need to be addressed, it's GHETTO!!!
Someone decided to put in push pull steering, and just hose clamp the tube onto the transom clamps....I'll have to figure something out for that.

Boat itself is clean, planning on polishing her..:S

Interior needs finishing, I ran out of paint..and need to build some wood seats, stain, and west systems epoxy.

Anyhow...here she is...

s1096.photobucket.com/user/fearcityinc78/library/Lonestar%20Malibu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #79894

Nice ride...Welcome !!!

Re:Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #79924

Welcome aboard!! Your Lonestar looks cool, you should be able to reverse the "rig Job" fairly easily and start enjoying the water in no time. Look forward to your updates as they come along.

Re:Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #79927

Very nice indeed! Is a 1958 model though, more spray rail and pronounced fins than the '59.

www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/5/53/Lonestara58001.jpg

Re:Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #80164

chirombo wrote:

Very nice indeed! Is a 1958 model though, more spray rail and pronounced fins than the '59.

www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/5/53/Lonestara58001.jpg

Cool!!! Yet another original brochure I haven't seen yet!!

So she's a 58, nice...title says 59, I won't tell though.

Still trying to officially I.D. the motor.

Should be a 59 mk55, but it has adjustable carbs...so if it is, it's an EARLY model.

I need to pull the recoil cover again, and it's a PITA, so the serial number on the top cylinder will have to wait..LOL

tilt tube plate puts it at a 59 mk55a...hopefully the other number proves me right.

another guy on a different forum seemed to think I have a Mk30, or a Merc 300 in 55a clothing.

Re:Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #80168

garzilla,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Saying HI, new here, with new 59 Lonestar Malibu. 10 years 9 months ago #80175

Thanks everybody for the welcomes also!!!

Looking forward to turning this thing into something neat!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6552 guests and no members online