Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PLEASE HELP...................

PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #37904

I have just bought a 1956 14ft Cadallic alumn boat no motor. this is such a cool boat that i feel i need to bring it back to the way it looked in 1956. One, is it cost effective to find a motor from that time. and two is there anybody that has photos of a boat like this to see what it should be.. This boat has the steering wheel in the center of the dash and controls on left side of boat...any info would be grets
steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #37908

Oldie... here is a link to the Boat Library on this site. Here you can see some brochure's for your boat. Everyone would enjoy seeing a photo of your boat!

Secondly. Yes, vintage power is reasonable, and can be reliable. Check out the outboard section of this message board, lots of good information there!

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Cadillac

There are also a lot of fellas out there who restore/refurbish motors for collectors like us.

Cheers, Andy

Re: PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #37920

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Reasonable price for power can mean many things. I wanted a period correct motor for my boat and went through a couple to get a good one. Not a problem at all. My least expensive motor was $50, the most expensive was $150. In getting this all together, replacing water pump, ignition, gaskets, etc. to get a truly relable motor, may set you back for $400. I doubled that for paint, decals and rechroming. It is just hard to figure out what is reasonable. Cadillac boats are VERY nice. Take your time, enjoy the learning experience and you will have an awesome rig.

Re: PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #37995

Thank you for the info..i will try to get photos up today.. looks like this will be a winter project and hope to have it in the water next year.. if anyone has a boat like this i would love to see some photos of it.. i have a lot of questions being new to this game. so i will thank you in advance for all your help.
Steve

Re: PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #38083

Alright folks here are some pics of my first project boat...what do you think ...maybe not keeps saying its to large

Re:PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #38088

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Here's a link to help explain about posting pics OBG, we're dying to see your boat!;
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/support/how-to-post-pictures

Mark

Re:PLEASE HELP................... 12 years 8 months ago #38099

thanks let try this again
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)