Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat?

Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 6 months ago #115183

• peoriaone
  • peoriaone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I came across this product that I plan to use on my pontoon logs but am wondering if I can use on my old Alumacraft to clean her up. Anyone here ever used JJV's best aluminum cleaner? www.jjvsbest.com/index.php/products/aluminum

From watching the video it looks like it works great. It does say not to use on POLISHED OR ANODIZED ALUMINUM. How do I know if my old Alumacraft is polished or anodized? The dash and bow do appear to have a different finish on the aluminum. Any input is appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 6 months ago #115243

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
I would not think that your boat is anodized or polished at this point, so it is acceptable.

On the other hand, I purchased the following cleaner/polish/sealant and used it on a couple of aluminum LP tanks for my Airstream and I could not believe the results. I have yet to try it on an aluminum boat, but I would think the results would be acceptable. The time involved to polish was very very very minimal to get nice results.

www.gordsaluminumpolish.com

On the other hand, if you really want the mirror shine, I would stick with Nuvite Products. But remember, the more time it takes one to polish, the better mirror shine is achieved.

Regards,
StevieB

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 6 months ago #115244

• peoriaone
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
StevieB wrote:

I would not think that your boat is anodized or polished at this point, so it is acceptable.

On the other hand, I purchased the following cleaner/polish/sealant and used it on a couple of aluminum LP tanks for my Airstream and I could not believe the results. I have yet to try it on an aluminum boat, but I would think the results would be acceptable. The time involved to polish was very very very minimal to get nice results.

www.gordsaluminumpolish.com

On the other hand, if you really want the mirror shine, I would stick with Nuvite Products. But remember, the more time it takes one to polish, the better mirror shine is achieved.

Regards,
StevieB

Thanks, I am a novice and do want a mirror shine. Do you recommend Nuvite over Gords? I have some Gords but have not tried anything yet.

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 6 months ago #115326

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Nuvite is the very best. It will take you 5 times longer than Gords, but with anything, if it takes more time to shine it, it is a better product. With Nuvite, you are applying various grades of abrasion to remove scratches to obtain that finished mirror. In my opinion, and JUST MY OPINION, Gords is great if you are looking nice quick shine. I think it fills the minute scratches and provides a sealant too, giving you the shine. I have used both, but I know Nuvite lasts. Also, after all of the Nuvite polishing, I use White Diamond Metal Polish to seal the surface of newly shinned aluminum. Another great product.

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 5 months ago #115605

Please do not polish it. Patina Patina patina If you polish it, you will see every scratch and dent.. And there are thousands of them. I have a few rare vintage Alumacraft boats and prefer a brushed look then a polished look. I have used Aluminum spay cleaners and they make the aluminum look yellowed. Make the trailer look fantastic with wheel vintage wheels and hubcaps and your boat will pop

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 5 months ago #115606

• peoriaone
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
What do you use then?

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 5 months ago #115607

Scotch bright pad or a green scuff ball on a drill wet and only go in one direction

Norm

Re:Anyone used this product on Aluminum boat? 8 years 5 months ago #115628

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
P, ,it looks like that cleaners is in the Al Etch arena.. I believe NAPA also has a cleaner.. I had good results
In the bilge ,floor area or the seat corners with a wash like that..On the upper or top surface ,I would go slow and even Dilute more than the instructions.. Or rinse off quicker than instructions.. If it starts to white foam up
You may burn in a Streak to the surface... Think of like using bleach on your laundry clothes..
.I had a friend use Shark Hide on his Pontoon once it was cleaned t o preserve a longer look.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)