Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MY LUCKY "TEXAS MAID" DAY

MY LUCKY "TEXAS MAID" DAY 8 years 5 months ago #115163

Friends,

I ran into a fellow in a small town outside of San Antonio, who is moving & wanted to sell a "small tin boat on a trailer".

I'm truly glad that I called him, as it turned out to be a TEXAS MAID OSPREY of late 1958 or 1959 (the serial number is: 1657) on a San Antonio-built artillery style trailer that mainly needs seats (which will be simple/inexpensive to have made, as they are nothing more than vinyl over padding that is simply screwed to plywood bases.), a possible paint job & a through general cleaning.
(The black/white factory paint-job LOOKS as if it may be "quite presentable", under the accumulation of "crud", dirt & just plain grease.)

The BEST part is that the hull has never been "crashed", modified, "modernized" or "RE-muddled" & is essentially as Texas Maid built it.

The BAD news is that the original windshield was taken off & trashed (BOO HOO.), simply because the previous owner wanted an open fisherman.
(So I'm now looking for a proper windshield for the little runabout.)

Do any of you KNOW which company's windshield that Texas Maid bought?
(Also, if anyone HAS a good/suitable 60 inch wide windshield, that is surplus to your needs, please PM me.)

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)

noimage
03-17-2024

Thunderbird Apache 1956 hardtop