• Page:

TOPIC: Got an offer for my 1958 Starcraft Jet Star

Got an offer for my 1958 Starcraft Jet Star 8 years 9 months ago #111967

• peoriaone
  • peoriaone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1958 Starcraft Jet star I picked up last Winter. Boat is original and the engine is in great shape. Mostly cleaning, stripped / painted the floor, painted the deck, added a flag/horn/light combo on front, etc.. Here is my question. I have around $1800 in this boat and was offered $3500 this past weekend. I really have no frame of reference to what it is worth. The boat came with the original owners manual,glow pole, boarding ladder, etc.. My first reaction was take the money but thought I would see what others thought... Input welcome. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Got an offer for my 1958 Starcraft Jet Star 8 years 9 months ago #111977

It's always kind of hard to pin down a value on our boats. I think it would be more if it's something your comfortable with. Seems like a great return on the investment to me.

When I sold my Supreme Spitfire, with a restored Merc 400 on it, I asked $1800 not thinking I would ever get it. A guy called and said he would be right over. He said it's exactly what he's looking for and handed over 18 $100 bills just like that.

Re: Got an offer for my 1958 Starcraft Jet Star 8 years 9 months ago #111978

I'm no expert, but I'd think that getting more money out than you've put in is out of the norm!

I try to view spending money on restoration as a recreational activity!

Re:Got an offer for my 1958 Starcraft Jet Star 8 years 9 months ago #112001

Do you have an emotional attachment to the boat? If not, then take the money and run. Making a profit on a hobby is always a good thing.

Frederic
Retired Army Guy
1969 OMC Evinrude Rogue II 210
163 original hours
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online