Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: help figuring out what model crestliner

help figuring out what model crestliner 8 years 10 months ago #109788

I just acquired a 1957 crestliner and im trying to figure out the model the title says model-aluminum serial number is 710-650h any help would be great thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: help figuring out what model crestliner 8 years 10 months ago #109789

mrmiller1092,

WELCOME ABOARD. - Have you looked at the 1958 Crestliner information in the FG library?
(The 1957 model is PROBABLY similar AND your boat may NOT even have been built/titled/sold in 1957 anyway.)

It has been my experience that older boats title "information" is MORE often just plain WRONG, than correct. = A gentleman here in The Alamo City has a 15 foot Glastron fiberglass ski-boat that is titled as a 1953 model.
(Glastron, Inc. wasn't even founded until late 1956 and built their first hull for sale in 1957. - The boat in question is really a 1959 Fireflite.)

In another case, a man in Austin has a 19 foot I/O runabout, that is identified on the title as an 1965 ARROWGLASS 17 foot.
It is actually a TWIN RIVERS Citation, carrying a data plate with the correct Twin Rivers brand-name, hull number and the I/O engine & outdrive serial numbers are also correct.
(How the original owner missed the brand-name, hull number & serial numbers of engine/OD on the attached stainless steel plate, when he applied to TPWD, is a puzzle.)

BEST WISHES on your hunt for correct information & the following restoration.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: help figuring out what model crestliner 8 years 10 months ago #109794

I have looked at all of them and im stuck the guy I got it from had put a plywood floor in it ripped off the windsheild did away with throttle and steering wheel the only thing I found was 710-650h stamped on the boat :(

Re:help figuring out what model crestliner 8 years 10 months ago #109813

Viking Speedster
retrocrestliner.com/images/1957catalog%20p9and10.jpg

You probably can confirm the year if you send the serial number to be added to the Crestliner Registry.
retrocrestliner.com/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)