Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
An opportunity for members of the FiberGlassics community to exchange thoughts and ideas with the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
The ACBS is committed to the preservation and restoration of all classic boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ACBS Rudder magazine needs Fiberglassic photos!

ACBS Rudder magazine needs Fiberglassic photos! 2 years 4 months ago #120666

Hi Fiberglassics Community!

Please accept this as your invitation to submit photos and stories about your boat and/or events to the ACBS Rudder magazine.
Use this link: acbs.org/news-events/photo-gallery/

You do not need to be an ACBS member to submit a photo about your boat. ACBS is about serving the community of classic boats owners and others who support our hobby.
There is no cost to posting a picture or story. This is a great way to promote classic fiberglass boats.
If you have time, check out our new website and let me know what you think. Our goal is to present, celebrate and support the classic boat hobby. Let me know how we're doing!

I hope you to see you in Tavares!

Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ACBS Rudder magazine needs Fiberglassic photos! 2 years 4 months ago #120710

Peter, I read the post from Kathy Parker (acbs website committee member) asking for more pictures of fiberglas boats from their owners. I put together the FiberGlassics Annual Classic Boat Calendar from years 2007 through 2015, and the ACBS Philadelphia Chapter calendar in 2013. In that period i have amassed hundreds of classic boat pictures that i would gladly be willing to share with the acbs website. However i'm unaware if sending these pictures to you would present any legal problem with its owners. To get permission from the boats owners, would be a massive undertaking, and being a 1 finger typist would take me forever. Please advise..Ron Vuyosevich

Re:ACBS Rudder magazine needs Fiberglassic photos! 2 years 4 months ago #120787

You would addressed that issue initially thru the use of your permissions & photographs in the Fiberglassics Annual Calendar and the ACBS Philadelphia calendar. I'm assuming you got permissions at that time. Usually that permission gives the artist (you) the ability to use the photos in more than one context.
What we could do is state on the ACBS website that you have granted ACBS permission to present representative samples of your photography portfolio. If we or you receive a complaint, we will pull down the "offending" photos. It is not our desire to upset anyone in the classic boating community but if someone objects to our shared enjoyment or use of the photo of their boat, we'll remove it at your direction.
Any thoughts?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Free mfg gypsy star 1977 17 "
( / Boats)

Free mfg gypsy star 1977 17 "
07-21-2018