Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
An opportunity for members of the FiberGlassics community to exchange thoughts and ideas with the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
The ACBS is committed to the preservation and restoration of all classic boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Introduction

Introduction 2 years 4 months ago #120271

Hi Fiberglassics Community,

I'm Peter Stephens, the Executive Director of the ACBS, and we are thrilled to be partnering with FiberGlassics on this forum and the classic glass segment of the classic boating hobby.

Those of you who know me, know that I am a big fan of classic fiberglass boats. When I arrived at ACBS in June, 2013, I sensed a big void in the lack of formal recognition of classic fiberglass within our ACBS Boat Classifications. With the help of one of our Founders, the Board and several committed individuals, we now formally recognize classic fiberglass boats.
But it can't just stop there! Our award winning magazine, Rudder, has been featuring more stories on classic fiberglass boats and we are making plans to include videos on fiberglass restoration tips and techniques. These videos are available for ACBS members. In addition, part of the ACBS mission is to reach out to suppliers, museums and other stakeholders that support our hobby. We have expanded that reach to ensure those of us who enjoy or own fiberglass boats have resources, like ACBS, to turn to for information. Think of ACBS as a central information or resource center. Please visit our newly remodeled website to get a feel for where ACBS is headed! Our job (and mission) is to support the classic boating enthusiasts and to ensure our classic boats are preserved for future generations!
This forum will provide you with the ability to communicate publicly with not only me but other members of the ACBS Board. You are also welcome to contact us off-line.
We welcome your comments, advice and suggestions. Please let us know what you need and how we can provide assistance!

Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Introduction 2 years 4 months ago #120277

• vuyosevich
  • Away
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi peter and welcome to fiberglassics. Whats my chances of being allowed to show my glass boat at the woodboat mystic seaport show this year? Don, t want to engage in a long discussion...yes or no will suffice. Thanks, ron

Re:Introduction 2 years 4 months ago #120280

Peter, Ron has a very nice boat. I have seen it and it is something to be proud of. Much better than my 59 Winner. I'm sorry I missed meeting Ron that time. :laugh:

Re:Introduction 2 years 4 months ago #120352

• vuyosevich
  • Away
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Received a phone call from the shows coordinator. Woodboats only and his explanation was courteous and I understand. Ron

Re:Introduction 2 years 4 months ago #120355

Ron,
Apologies...I thought I had posted a response to you the other day but I can't see it. Guess I have a way to go on the ole learning curve being a moderator here! I think the term "operator error" applies here!
My initial comment was that it's not one of our shows so all you can do is ask. We tried last year several times and were shot down.
I'm glad you tried and more glad that you were treated with respect. We believe fiberglass boats belong at ACBS boat shows and we expect to see many more of them in the future. Anyone having less than a great experience at an ACBS show should let me know!
Thanks for the follow-up!

Peter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

7-1/2 Hp Johnson
( / Engines)

7-1/2  Hp Johnson