Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
An opportunity for members of the FiberGlassics community to exchange thoughts and ideas with the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
The ACBS is committed to the preservation and restoration of all classic boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ok i'll start

ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120248

this forum should be a great idea.....any ACBS guys have anything on wooden Red Fish boats??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120260

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 9
I don't know how long this has been here but I just noticed it,,I am a member and I do a lot of the shows,,I have some wood boats restored but I always take a glass boat to shows,there is more glass at these shows than there used to be,,It is nice to be wanted and asked,,now I have been around long enough to remember that Tupperware boat or that plastic boat,,Ken I think this was a good idea Thanks Bill

Re: ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120272

Hi, ACBS does not maintain files on individual marques generally. We have inherited some Bob Speltz files but we believe these materials are best handled by museums. We do not have the proper resources to archive historical documents. Our good friends at The Antique Boat Museum in Clayton may be a place to start. I'll check with our Rudder editor to see if we have done any stories on wooden Red Fish boats.
I'll be back...

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120273

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the observation. Things are changing! Yes, there are still a few curmudgeons out there but our ACBS chapters really want your participation. Classic fiberglass boats draw a lot of attention at our show, in my opinion.

Peter Stephens - ACBS

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120276

Should be a useful, resourceful forum! Thanks to ACBS for the inclusion and promotion of FiberGlassics in their shows!

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120289

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Great idea Gentlemen, I think this forum will draw the wooden boat and vintage fiberglass and aluminum boat followers closer together and all will realize how much we have in common with each other. The Passion for vintage and antique watercraft .

Re: ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120291

Ok, I'm back...
Our Rudder magazine has not done an article on the wooden Red Fish boats. Would you be interested in helping with an article on them? If so, please contact Chris Eden, our Rudder editor, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. It could lead to some interesting information for you and others interested in the marque.
By the way, if anyone out there has an interesting boat or a boat with history, please let Chris or me know so we can see if there is a potential article in your future! This is one way we can help you promote the classic fiberglass boats!

Peter Stephens

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120295

Thank you...well stated! The goal of ACBS to bring us together for the betterment of the classic boating hobby.

Peter Stephens
ACBS

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120328

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 9
Heh Peter.would it be possible to post some of the next acbs. Shows here a couple months out..or someplace on here
.Bill

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 9 months ago #120335

Hi Bill,
Go to the new ACBS website here: acbs.org/events/

Towards the top is "view As" box. There you can look at it on a map or by month. Let me know what you think of the new website.

Peter

Re:ok i'll start 2 years 8 months ago #120976

Peter is right - check with the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, NY. I found that they have information, including old brochures, on MFG boats, much to my delight.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1959 Wizard Bolero
( / Boats)

1959 Wizard Bolero
12-12-2018

1959 arena craft manta
( / Boats)