One of the main purposes of this website is to document and research classic boats. To that purpose, there are several tools that we use:
- Articles on boating topics. These can be found on the left menu under Glassic Concepts in the Articles. These articles are written and contributed by members. You may submit content also, see below.
- The Library. This contains the main content of our research. Here you will find a manufacturers database of classic boats, their history and related items. The Library is a wiki which also allows members to contribute.
- The Forums. These discussion forums contain much information that has been discussed since 1998. They are in sections: current forums and archived forums. For research in the archived forums, you must use the search within that archive as the Site Search from the Glassic Concepts menu will not search within the archived forums.
- User Profiles. As members fill in their profiles, they have the option of checking the make of boat that they own. These members can be a valuable resource for members who need specific information from owners of the same type of boat.
- The easiest way to research is to use the Search or the Site Search. These searches will look in all four areas above and return pages from them.
- If the search does not answer your question, you can do seperate searches in the forum archives.
- Of course the current forums are available for you to post any questions also.
To submit content to this site:
- Articles and pages in the Library are entered by Editors. If you have materiel to contribute, you can use the Contact Form on the Glassic Concepts menu.
- If you would like to contribute on an ongoing basis, please use the Contact Form as well to let us know and we will train you on how to become an Editor on this site.